Veggie zucchini boats
Save the planet & enjoy these veggie, stuffed zucchini boats!
Avoiding meat and dairy is the biggest way to reduce your #environmentalimpact on the planet. Loss of wild areas to agriculture is the leading cause of the current mass #extinction of #wildlife. Also, greenhouse gasses are a massive reason for pollution and #climatechange.
Going veggie every now and then is also very healthy. For both reasons, I choose to eat a vegetarian dish a couple of days a week.
These zucchini boats are absolutely delicious and inspired by a book of Yotam Ottolenghi I got as a present from a dear friend.
Try & enjoy this delicious veggie recipe
- 2 pieces zucchini big
- 4 pieces garlic chopped
- 1 piece egg organic
- 40 grams parmesan grated
- 20 grams pork panko organic
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemonzest
- 1 tbsp lemonjuice
- 4 tbsp oregano leaves chopped ( I sometimes use Basilicum & koriander)
- 40 grams pine nuts roasted
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic
- Empty the zucchini with a teaspoon to create the boats
- Put the pulp of the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the moisture out of it (about 100grams left)
- Put this in a bowl and stir with garlic, egg, Parmesan, Panko/breadcrumb and some salt. Squeze the tomatoes with a fork and also add them to the mix.
- Take another bowl and stir oregano, lemon zest & pine nuts and mingle with half of the other bowl, put the rest aside.
- Put the zucchini in an oven tray, sprinkle some olive oil on it and add some salt and bake them for 10min in the oven
- Now you can fill them with the filling and put them in the oven for about 15 mins until the filling is firm enough
- Put lemon juice, 2 tbsp of oil and a bit of salt in a bowl with some oregano and pine nuts and mingle
- Cool off the zucchini boats for a little while, put some salsa on them and some chopped oregano leaf
Enjoy this delicious veggie & keto-dish
PS You can fill the boats with any filling you like if you would like to try them in another way!