Ketocosmo Cauliflower Croquette
These Ketocosmo Cauliflower Croquettes will be the hit of your party!
When you have made the cauliflower mash recipe, you can vary in taste endlessly with these croquettes. You can add extra cheese, ham, bacon, salmon …
They look good, are delicious and 100% keto-proof
Enjoy this little tapa!
- 1 piece cauliflower
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter or Ghee
- 2 tbsp mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg or replace by any flavor you like(garlic, fresh herbs...)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup bacon rinds crunched
- 1 piece egg
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 10-15 slices bacon very thin and bake crispy before serving
- Fill a large saucepan or pot with enough salted water to come right below a steamer basket fitted over it. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket and fit on top of the pan. Cover the basket with a lid.
- Reduce water to a simmer and cook, covered for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is very soft
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor, with all other ingredients. For the croquettes do not process until very runny. When I make croquettes I tend to add parmesan in the end or some psyllium husk, to tighten the mash, which makes it easier to handle
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- While the mash cools down you can start preparing your crust
- Beat the egg and in another bowl mix the parmesan with the bacon rinds
- Dip your croquette in the beaten egg
- Roll the croquette through the parmesan-bacon rind mix
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add garnish like salmon or bacon
- Grass-fed butter or ghee
- Mascarpone or cream cheese
- Himalayan salt
- Psyllium husk