Ketocosmo deviled eggs
Egg and avocado deviled eggs recipe
Delicious and easy to whip up, this deviled eggs recipe combines two keto superfoods that are packed with nutritious benefits, to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer. They also make a great snack and look fancy enough to serve up to guests or at a dinner party.
The star of this recipe is definitely the avocado, which is one of the most popular superfoods around right now. They are packed with healthy fats, making them a staple in the keto diet.
Eggs are another crucial part of this recipe and, described as the world’s most ‘perfect protein’, it’s also a keto diet staple that will keep you feeling fuller for longer. This, in turn, will curb those hunger pangs and sugar cravings. Eggs are also a great source of B vitamins, and choline, which are essential for a healthy heart, brain, and liver.
Making this dish couldn’t be easier – think creamy, tangy avocado mash topped over crisp cucumber slices or soft eggs. The key to getting a beautiful, silky texture with the avocado is to use a food processor or blender. You can use a fork but you won’t get the same texture and taste.
- 3 pieces eggs large, organic
- 1/2 piece avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonaise homemade or keto proof
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsps chives chopped
- To cook the eggs fill a pan with water and add a pinch of salt to stop the eggs from cracking. Bring the water to boil before carefully dipping the eggs in. It will take about ten minutes to get a hard-boiled egg. Remove from heat and leave to cool, before peeling the shell. Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolk.
- Remove the seed from the avocado and cut it into small pieces. Place it in a food processor with the cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until it forms a smooth consistency. If you don’t have a food processor you can mash it up with a fork but it will take longer to achieve a silky, smooth texture.
- You can serve this recipe up in two ways. The first, traditional way, is to fill the halved eggs with the avocado mixture. Or you could enjoy them served on top of cucumber slices and garnished with herbs or spices.
- You can store these refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days but they taste best eaten fresh.
Featured ingredient : Avocado
Hailed a superfood, the avocado is one of the best low-carb fruits to eat on the keto diet. It contains just 2g net carbs, per 100g and is low in saturated fats and free from sodium and cholesterol.
Nutrient-dense, it’s also packed with fiber, copper, folate, and potassium. In fact, the avocado is full of vitamins and minerals including vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. It also contains zinc, iron, manganese, and magnesium.
There are also many health benefits of eating avocados. It can help control hypertension, blood pressure, and digestion. The saturated fats found in avocados are also a great anti-inflammatory, which can help improve heart health and lower cholesterol. They also have antioxidant benefits to defend your body from free radicals.