Simple Tomato Sauce
Easy to make tomato sauce
This tomato sauce is really easy to make. Now is the time to make a stash for the coming weeks!
Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Usually red when mature, tomatoes can also come in a variety of colors, including yellow, orange, green, and purple.
Enjoy this easy and healthy recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, extra virgin
- 1 kilo tomatoes any kind, different kinds
- 2 pieces onion I like to use fresh
- 3 cloves garlic fresh
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 pinches black ground pepper
- 1 tsp hot paprika/cayenne
- 2 cups Bone broth http://www.holisticdelsol.es/holistic-food/chicken-broth-recipe/
- I like to give my tomatoes some extra sun before I make my sauce
- Pour the olive oil in a pan, simmer the onions and the garlic on a low heat
- Slice up the tomatoes and add them
- Add Himalayan salt and pepper (and hot paprika when you like your sauce a little spicy
- Let it all stew, after a while add a cup of bone broth or chicken broth
- Add a second cup
- If you like you can mix the tomato sauce once more
- Cool down, pour in glass jars and fill your fridge
- Olive oil - Organic
- Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- Paprika or Cayenne
- Bone broth (I always have a stash in my fridge, but you can also buy this online)